5 Great Things About Edward Lodge – Brisbane’s Best Airport Accommodation Option!
- Choose your accommodation type with Edward Lodge. This modern and sophisticated Brisbane airport accommodation motel provides its clients with the chance to choose from King, Queen + Single, Queen Room, Super Saver Double room as well as Apartment 9 based on your own liking and needs. Make sure that you check out the available accommodation options on the web page or get in touch with the motel’s reception to find out about room availability.
- Enjoy the lush tropical gardens surrounding Edward Lodge. There’s definitely no other place like this boutique-style motel located in the New Farm suburb. Especially if you’re a nature lover and you’d like to wake up to a mesmerizing view from your window and a therapeutic environment around you, you’d certainly want to book your stay at the Brisbane airport accommodation in one of the city’s best suburbs.
- Take a cruise with the City Cat Ferry. Undoubtedly, this is an experience you don’t want to miss. The City Cat public system transportation is a great way to take a look at Brisbane while enjoying a comfortable seat and capturing the breezes. You are welcome to embark on this journey of discovery of Brisbane’s surrounding beauty without having to worry about the financial side of it. It’s rather cheap and available for all budgets. An all-day Off-Peak ticket system is available to improve your experience.
- Enjoy the Powerhouse Farmers Market that is near Edward Lodge, and nourish your body with fresh and healthy foods each 2nd and 4th Saturday of every Month. This open air market, besides giving you the chance to stock your pantry with tasty food items, also offers you a plethora of other things for sale from artisan products to kitchen goods. This market is widely cherished not only by the 8000 residents living in New Farm, but also the nearby suburbs.
- Dine out at the eclectic and alfresco restaurants or cafes close-by. The good thing about Edward Lodge is that it is perfectly located a few minutes from the suburb’s centre brimming with a wide range of places to go to such as restaurants, cafes, bistros, shopping malls and the like. When you’re there, make sure that you taste the traditional cuisine so that you expand your understanding and knowledge of the Queensland area. You are certainly going to love the tasty dishes prepared by Australia’s top-notch chefs, the chilly atmosphere as well as the appealing décor of the eating establishments.
Apartment 9 Edward Lodge
Relatively new to Edward Lodge is the “Apartment” Self-contained and one bedroom with a queen size bed and en-suite.
Fully equipped kitchen with oven, microwave and fridge.
You have your own lounge and office desk.
There is a fold out lounge (nice quality) or bed settee .
Air-conditioned, television .
Ideal for short or longer stays.
Room includes continental breakfast and free access to wireless internet.
Powerhouse Farmers Markets
The Powerhouse Farmers Markets is just a short stroll from Edward Lodge.
WHEN: 2nd & 4th Saturday every Month.
TIME: 6AM – 12PM (Noon)
WHERE: The Brisbane Powerhouse. 119 Lamington St, New Farm.
About the Markets
Primarily it is a colourful bustling market selling fresh farm produce flowers breads artisan products meat fish poultry plants organics and food related objects… It’s a feel good grass roots experience with a social and community slant and a lot of fun.
It is not exclusively done by, or for farmers . It is not a farmers market co-operative. We have a number of city folk selling too, and a lot of exotic products and hold special promotions, entertaining events and chefs give cooking classes.
It is a big, bustling, busy, open air food market that sells all the most interesting food and plants, kitchen goods and wine, breads, meat, fish and fowl under the sun.
Who comes to the markets?
Everybody, from the locals to judges and sportsmen, media and tourists, The rich and famous, to the poor and infamous, wise and the hungover. All ages and sects, including foodies, photographers, artists and off duty Policemen, publicans, plumbers and chippies, chefs, priests, actors, Acrobats, mothers, couples, corporate big wigs and even neighbours and their children. Come and meet them all there!
- Breakfasts and sausages sizzles.
- Excellent coffee crepes.
- Warm bread.
- Pies and rolls.
- Lost and found
- First aid bag
- Free parking
- 3 separate sets of loos
- Coffee carts
- Samples and snacks
- Tables and chairs
- Knife sharpener and key cutter
Take a City Cat, Brisbane River Cruise when staying at Edward lodge
City Cat, Brisbane River Cruise
When staying at Edward lodge find time to take a cruise on Brisbane’s river via the City Cat. Edward Lodge is a short stroll to the terminals (there are two located close to the Edward Lodge)
The City Cat is part of Brisbane’s public transport system on the river it is a fantastic way to see Brisbane. The boats (Jet Cats) are large and fast, having both inside and outside seating, outside is great for capturing the breezes. It is public transport so the fares are cheap with an all day Off-Peak adult ticket available and you can get off and on as often as you like.
I jumped on at New farm on friday mid morning and travelled to Southbank for a quick viewing of the art gallery then jumped back on for the ride over to Eagle St Pier for lunch. This really was the best way to view Brisbane’s waterside. By the way taking a ride on Saturday is also a good day to view the local sailing clubs in competition.
The Queensland Art Gallery – City Cat ride from Edward Lodge (Boutique motel)
The Queensland Art Gallery is currently displaying: ‘Ever Present: Photographs from the Collection 1850–1975’ at the Queensland Art (QAG) until 7 October 2013. Here is a link:http://blog.qag.qld.gov.au/ever-present-2/ Edward Lodge (Boutique motel) is an ideal place to stay when in Brisbane.
The Brisbane City Cats are a short walk from our door.
The City Cats provide one of the best ways to get about in Brisbane.
Tags: Ever Present: Photographs from the Collection 1850–1975, Photography Edward Lodge Brisbane
Short Break for you – Local Restaurants in New Farm – Powerhouse Markets
This Saturday the Powerhouse Markets are on, opening at 6am every 2nd and 4th Saturday. Edward lodge his hosting guests who are here for a short break and getaway, some are tonight enjoying dinner at local restaurant (Bistro Arlette www.bistroarlette.com, a local French restaurant, a short walk away) and are then off in the morning to the New Farm markets. Another couple are spending the day shopping in Brisbane and making good use of the City Cat at the end of our Sydney Street.
www.edwardlodge.com.au for your weekend or week day break. Don’t hesitate to ask for a list of our favourite restaurants.