Edward Lodge – One Of The Most Eclectic Motels Brisbane At Your Disposal
In case that you’re planning a trip to Australia so as to see its beauty and get acquainted with the marvelous Australian culture, we highly encourage you to start your quest in Brisbane. At the moment, Brisbane, the capital of the Queensland state, is known as the most populous and widely cherished cities in Australia. And thousands of tourists visit it and its surroundings monthly being impressed by the big city lights and the plethora of attractions, culturally rich and historical places, natural sanctuaries and landscapes. Both teenagers and adults can have a great time in Brisbane as nightlife is as rich as is the number of cultural institutions in the city. One or two days are not enough to discover the beauty and secrets of Brisbane. So if you want to visit many Australian cities, you should definitely give it at least three or four days in Brisbane. And the best advice we could give you would be to start exploring Brisbane with its suburbs. If you start with New Farm, you won’t regret it. New Farm is the new most populous and eclectic suburb with a little bit over 8000 residents living there, all friendly and hospitable, making a good impression on the tourists visiting the region. When it comes to the motels Brisbane, no doubts the best accommodation option would be Edward Lodge.
Edward Lodge Motel
Edward Lodge is a boutique-style motel located near the CBD, in the center of New Farm. The motel is surrounded by a beautiful lush tropical garden which enchants its guests every morning and night with fresh air and a charming appearance. Everyone willing to spend time in nature and escape from the city hustle should consider choosing this motel, one of the best motels Brisbane in the area. Get intoxicated with the inspiring beauty of Brisbane and its surroundings.
If you worry about transportation, stay at peace. You can take the City Cat Ferry to get to Brisbane and enjoy its sights whilst capturing the breezes in a chilly and relaxing ambiance. The City Cat ticket is rather cheap, so it suits all the budgets. The Off-Peak ticket will give you the chance to use the same ferry ticket all day long.
Besides, if you want to have a better taste of Brisbane and the New Farm suburb, you are welcome to visit the Powerhouse Farmers Market which is very close to the motel. It is open each 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month. At the market, you can indulge in a huge amount of fresh food items as well as some other artisan and kitchen goods. This open air market has achieved quite a great standing being visited not only by natives living around but also tourists visiting the area. So we highly encourage you to give it a thought to spending your Saturday morning at this incredible place.
Why Is Edward Lodge One Of The Most Eclectic Motels Brisbane?
There is no doubt that at Edward Lodge you will have the best experience of your life. The motel employs some of the best workers who are well aware of how to elevate your stay and provide you with comfort and safety. The staff is friendly and very amicable, therefore ensuring you are satisfied during your entire stay. Up to now, this boutique-style motel has achieved quite a good reputation for being one of the most eclectic motels Brisbane as well as for offering a number of accommodation types. Based on your liking, you can choose which one to go for. You can choose to stay in an apartment, or, if you like, you can go for a Queen + Single room as a solo traveler. Even though Edward Lodge is a sophisticated motel exhibiting high standards, you will find the prices to be rather cheap as opposed to the prices established by other motels Brisbane in the area.
If you want to dine out, there are plenty of eating establishments to go for. Whether you want to get acquainted with the national cuisine or indulge in some French or Italian dishes, the numerous amounts of restaurants, cafes and bistros will certainly keep you satisfied during your stay. Besides, you can have fun exploring the landscapes, and/or indulge in a shopping experience in a few shopping centers in the area.
It’s up to you to choose how you want to spend your time while in Brisbane. But if you choose Edward Lodge, you will have the chance to learn about the best routes and places to see in the city.
Edward Lodge focuses on great customer care. Therefore at this motel your satisfaction is the staff’s number one concern. There are few motels Brisbane in the area that can adhere to the same high standards set by Edward Lodge. So if you want to have a great experience, we warmly welcome you to book your stay at Edward Lodge today!
You can also check for the feedback online. The online Google pages are brimming with positive testimonials from guests who enjoyed their stay at Brisbane’s most eclectic motel located in the New Farm suburb, and would therefore recommend this motel to anyone searching for a good stay in Brisbane.
What you should do now, instead of wasting your time on reading about other motels Brisbane in the area, is to get in touch with a representative of Edward Lodge in order to gather as much information about your future stay as possible. Make sure you check for room availability and book your stay today if you don’t want to miss on this great opportunity of having a good time in one of Brisbane’s most eclectic boutique – style motels located in New Farm which is a suburb where you can escape from the city hustle of Brisbane. We promise that you will be satisfied with your choice, and Edward Lodge will become your favorite motel you’ll ever stay in!
5 Great Things About Edward Lodge – Brisbane’s Best Airport Accommodation Option!
- Choose your accommodation type with Edward Lodge. This modern and sophisticated Brisbane airport accommodation motel provides its clients with the chance to choose from King, Queen + Single, Queen Room, Super Saver Double room as well as Apartment 9 based on your own liking and needs. Make sure that you check out the available accommodation options on the web page or get in touch with the motel’s reception to find out about room availability.
- Enjoy the lush tropical gardens surrounding Edward Lodge. There’s definitely no other place like this boutique-style motel located in the New Farm suburb. Especially if you’re a nature lover and you’d like to wake up to a mesmerizing view from your window and a therapeutic environment around you, you’d certainly want to book your stay at the Brisbane airport accommodation in one of the city’s best suburbs.
- Take a cruise with the City Cat Ferry. Undoubtedly, this is an experience you don’t want to miss. The City Cat public system transportation is a great way to take a look at Brisbane while enjoying a comfortable seat and capturing the breezes. You are welcome to embark on this journey of discovery of Brisbane’s surrounding beauty without having to worry about the financial side of it. It’s rather cheap and available for all budgets. An all-day Off-Peak ticket system is available to improve your experience.
- Enjoy the Powerhouse Farmers Market that is near Edward Lodge, and nourish your body with fresh and healthy foods each 2nd and 4th Saturday of every Month. This open air market, besides giving you the chance to stock your pantry with tasty food items, also offers you a plethora of other things for sale from artisan products to kitchen goods. This market is widely cherished not only by the 8000 residents living in New Farm, but also the nearby suburbs.
- Dine out at the eclectic and alfresco restaurants or cafes close-by. The good thing about Edward Lodge is that it is perfectly located a few minutes from the suburb’s centre brimming with a wide range of places to go to such as restaurants, cafes, bistros, shopping malls and the like. When you’re there, make sure that you taste the traditional cuisine so that you expand your understanding and knowledge of the Queensland area. You are certainly going to love the tasty dishes prepared by Australia’s top-notch chefs, the chilly atmosphere as well as the appealing décor of the eating establishments.
Apartment 9 Edward Lodge
Relatively new to Edward Lodge is the “Apartment” Self-contained and one bedroom with a queen size bed and en-suite.
Fully equipped kitchen with oven, microwave and fridge.
You have your own lounge and office desk.
There is a fold out lounge (nice quality) or bed settee .
Air-conditioned, television .
Ideal for short or longer stays.
Room includes continental breakfast and free access to wireless internet.
Powerhouse Farmers Markets
The Powerhouse Farmers Markets is just a short stroll from Edward Lodge.
WHEN: 2nd & 4th Saturday every Month.
TIME: 6AM – 12PM (Noon)
WHERE: The Brisbane Powerhouse. 119 Lamington St, New Farm.
About the Markets
Primarily it is a colourful bustling market selling fresh farm produce flowers breads artisan products meat fish poultry plants organics and food related objects… It’s a feel good grass roots experience with a social and community slant and a lot of fun.
It is not exclusively done by, or for farmers . It is not a farmers market co-operative. We have a number of city folk selling too, and a lot of exotic products and hold special promotions, entertaining events and chefs give cooking classes.
It is a big, bustling, busy, open air food market that sells all the most interesting food and plants, kitchen goods and wine, breads, meat, fish and fowl under the sun.
Who comes to the markets?
Everybody, from the locals to judges and sportsmen, media and tourists, The rich and famous, to the poor and infamous, wise and the hungover. All ages and sects, including foodies, photographers, artists and off duty Policemen, publicans, plumbers and chippies, chefs, priests, actors, Acrobats, mothers, couples, corporate big wigs and even neighbours and their children. Come and meet them all there!
- Breakfasts and sausages sizzles.
- Excellent coffee crepes.
- Warm bread.
- Pies and rolls.
- Lost and found
- First aid bag
- Free parking
- 3 separate sets of loos
- Coffee carts
- Samples and snacks
- Tables and chairs
- Knife sharpener and key cutter
Take a City Cat, Brisbane River Cruise when staying at Edward lodge
City Cat, Brisbane River Cruise
When staying at Edward lodge find time to take a cruise on Brisbane’s river via the City Cat. Edward Lodge is a short stroll to the terminals (there are two located close to the Edward Lodge)
The City Cat is part of Brisbane’s public transport system on the river it is a fantastic way to see Brisbane. The boats (Jet Cats) are large and fast, having both inside and outside seating, outside is great for capturing the breezes. It is public transport so the fares are cheap with an all day Off-Peak adult ticket available and you can get off and on as often as you like.
I jumped on at New farm on friday mid morning and travelled to Southbank for a quick viewing of the art gallery then jumped back on for the ride over to Eagle St Pier for lunch. This really was the best way to view Brisbane’s waterside. By the way taking a ride on Saturday is also a good day to view the local sailing clubs in competition.
The Queensland Art Gallery – City Cat ride from Edward Lodge (Boutique motel)
The Queensland Art Gallery is currently displaying: ‘Ever Present: Photographs from the Collection 1850–1975’ at the Queensland Art (QAG) until 7 October 2013. Here is a link:http://blog.qag.qld.gov.au/ever-present-2/ Edward Lodge (Boutique motel) is an ideal place to stay when in Brisbane.
The Brisbane City Cats are a short walk from our door.
The City Cats provide one of the best ways to get about in Brisbane.
Tags: Ever Present: Photographs from the Collection 1850–1975, Photography Edward Lodge Brisbane
Short Break for you – Local Restaurants in New Farm – Powerhouse Markets
This Saturday the Powerhouse Markets are on, opening at 6am every 2nd and 4th Saturday. Edward lodge his hosting guests who are here for a short break and getaway, some are tonight enjoying dinner at local restaurant (Bistro Arlette www.bistroarlette.com, a local French restaurant, a short walk away) and are then off in the morning to the New Farm markets. Another couple are spending the day shopping in Brisbane and making good use of the City Cat at the end of our Sydney Street.
www.edwardlodge.com.au for your weekend or week day break. Don’t hesitate to ask for a list of our favourite restaurants.