There are currently more than 8000 residents living in New Farm, only a few minutes drive from the CBD. In the past decade the area has transformed into Brisbane’s most livable suburb with an eclectic mix of community facilities, cafes, restaurants, shopping centers, as well as historic workers cottages and modern contemporary apartments on the banks of the Brisbane River.
Historically New Farm was one of the first suburbs to be settled after Spring Hill and Petrie Terrace. New initiatives by the Brisbane City Council introducting the City Cat Ferry with terminals at New Farm Park and at the end of Sydney Street has enabled residents and travellers alike to enjoy the short commuting distance into the heart of the city.
New Farm is a suburb rich in culture and alfresco dining and is only a short walk from Fortitude Valley – the melting pot of Brisbane’s nightlife, markets, shopping, cafes, and entertainment.
- Renowned New Farm alfresco cafes and restaurants are 1 minute away
- The 195/196 bus service to the City (20 mins) leaves from the corner of Sydney Street
- Short walk to the City Cat ferry from New Farm Park Terminal (20 mins to City)
- 5 min walk to Merthyr Village – includes chemist, doctor and supermarket (open 7 days)
- 15 to 20 min walk to Brisbane CBD.